The corpus research team led by Professor Hu Kaibao actively conducts corpus-related research and promotes academic exchanges in the field of corpus studies and applications. Since the first national summer workshop on Corpus-based Translation Studies was held in 2012, relevant activities such as corpus research and application training have been carried out regularly every year, which has gained good social response and reputation.
In order to further promote the application of corpus in foreign language teaching and research and other related fields, and strengthen academic exchanges, the Institute of Corpus Studies and Applications of Shanghai International Studies University plans to hold a series of online workshops on corpus construction and application in November and July each year.
In this November, there will be the Corpus Construction Workshop, Corpus Application Workshop and Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop. Relevant information will be posted to the official website and wechat account of the Institute.
The workshops will be conducted online (Tencent Meeting) through the combination of expert lectures, case studies and practical operation. Starting from the research methods, the corpus construction and application, corpus analysis and other specific operations will be introduced, and the application approaches of corpus in different fields will also be discussed to improve the ability of foreign language teachers, students and scholars to use the corpus for their research.
Corpus Construction Workshop
Prof. Kaibao Hu
ENG. Kai Zhang
Principle and Operations of Office Software
Ph.D. Xiaoqian Li
Construction of Parallel Corpus
A. Prof. Xujun Tian
Software Operations for Corpus
Ph.D. Hongzhi Xu
Python and Corpus Construction
Corpus Application Workshop
Prof. Lei Lei
Corpus and Language Research
Prof. Libo Huang
Corpus and Translation Stylistic Studies
Prof. Hongwu Qin
The Application of Corpus in Language Research
Prof. Kaibao Hu
The Application of Corpus in Discourse Research
Prof. Fengchao Zhen
The Study of Corpus in Foreign Language Teaching
Prof. Ziman Han
Construction and Translation Studies of Multilingual Parallel Corpus
Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop
Prof. Huaqing Hong
Multimodal Corpus Construction and Application
A. Prof. Lihe Huang
Multimodal Corpus and Geriatric Discourse Research
Prof. Jian Liu
Multimodal Corpus and Language Research
Prof. Huaqing Hong A. Prof. Lihe Huang
Online Question Answering
Institute of Corpus Studies and Applications, Shanghai International Studies University
Corpus Construction Workshop: 900 yuan/person
Corpus Application Workshop: 1600 yuan/person
Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop: 1600 yuan/person
In January: Corpus Construction + Corpus Application + Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop: 3800 yuan/person
For group ≥3 people: 20% off for 3-5 people, 30% off for more than 5 people (the group needs to go through the public payment)
04 Ways of registration
1. Personal online payment
(1) Payment system: https://epay.shisu.edu.cn/p/publish/show.html?queryType=set&searchName=paidInfo.search&projectId=9308
(2) After registration and login, select Corpus Construction and Application Workshops and click on Sign Up. Fill in the personal and billing information accurately, and then select from three individual workshops (Corpus Construction Workshop, Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop, Corpus Application Workshop) or Corpus Construction + Corpus Application + Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop in January. Please do not choose other ones.
(3) After signing up, please add the corresponding teacher's WeChat according to the workshops you choose and join the WeChat group after confirmation:
i. For Corpus Construction Workshop, please note Name + Mobile Number + Corpus Construction Workshop and add Miss. Liu's WeChat (13851852527)
ii. For Corpus Application Workshop, please note Name + Mobile Number + Corpus Application Workshop, and add Miss. Yu's WeChat (15800776762)
iii. For Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop, please note Name + Mobile Number + Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop, and add Mr. Zhang's WeChat (18939828865)
iv. For In January: Corpus Construction + Corpus Application + Multi-modal Corpus Construction and Application Workshop and the group, please note Name + Mobile Number + Group, and add Mr. Zhang's WeChat (18061256876) (Note: The class starts in November.)
2. Payment via bank transferring
Note your name and workshops you choose when transferring money, and add Mr. Zhang's WeChat (18061256876).
05 Deadline for Registration
Applications are accepted from now until December 4, 2022.
1. This Workshop will be conducted online by using Tencent Meeting as the network platform and for the playback. Please download and register the Tencent Meeting app on your phone and computer in advance.
2. Shanghai International Studies University will provide invoicing and conference services during the Workshop.
3. The certificate of this Workshop shall be stamped by the organizer.
Institute of Corpus Studies and Applications, Shanghai International Studies University Mr. Zhang 18061256876
Institute of Corpus Studies and Applications
Shanghai International Studies University
October 11, 2022